Things to do after arriving in Australia

Whenever you making decision to study in Australia, you would face two sets of challenges. First challenge is, how to get visa? and Second Challenge is, how to settle in Australia? 

If you are smart and make clear plan and establish some network with your friends and family members who are already in Australia, it will be much easier to settle in Australia. If you do not have any friends or family members in Australia, you got to know what things to do after you arrive in Australia. So, we have outlined here some essential things to do first.

Priority 1:  Accommodation Arrangement - If you do not have any friends or family members who provide you accommodation or not booked accommodation before you arrive, then  you will be in big trouble here.  So, you must confirm your accommodation before you coming to Australia. If you have any problem to find accommodation, you can email us to: info@isaneducation.comau

Priority 2:  Applying for Tax File Number [TFN] -  If you wish to work in Australia, it is essential to have sn TFN.  According to Australian Law, TFN is required before you start or applying job. In order to obtain Tax File Number, you can apply Tax File Number  through Online System.

Priority 3 -  If you are Interational Student do have Travel Cheque or keep money into the bank, you can open bank account. If you opened bank account with any banks, you can deposit your travel cheque or cash into the bank. In Australia, most income including salary or wages and government benefits are paid directly into a bank account.

Most popular and bing Banking Institutions are:

Commonwealth Bank Ltd
Westpac Bank Ltd
National Australia Bank
St George Bank
ANZ Bank

Priority 4 -  Get Enrolled in the College or University - If you are International Student, you must get enrolled before start your course. Please check your CoE, time table and other source of information about your course.

Priority 5 -  Apply for a Driver's Licence

If you want to drive in Australia, you will need to have the appropriate driver's licence. In Australia, drivers' licences are issued by state and territory governments. You may be required to pass a knowledge test, a practical driving test, and an eyesight test.

The table below provides contact details for each state and territory licensing authority.

State/Territory Contact Details
New South Wales (NSW) See: Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA)
Victoria (VIC) See: Vic roads
Queensland (QLD) See: Licensing & registration
South Australia (SA) See: Welcome to Transport SA
Western Australia (WA) See: Licensing services
Tasmania (TAS) See: Transport - TAS
Australian Capital Territory (ACT) See: Road transport information management
Northern Territory (NT) See: Driver licensing

Please note: If you are a permanent resident visa holder and have a current driver's licence from another country, in English or with an official translation, in most states and territories you are allowed to drive for your first three months after arrival. In Western Australia, the three month period begins when you are granted your permanent residency visa, not when you arrive in Australia.